Why Ultra sound is a good source of preventive health care for children?
The loss of a child to cancer is one of the worst tragedies a family can face, each death means the loss of an entire lifetime and survivors face serious medical complications, secondary cancers, cognitive impairments and shortened lifespan. With prices for vascular and organ screenings now being affordable, Preventive health care should be the path of you and your children’s future.
Facts about Pediatric Cancer Incidence and Mortality
- Incidence of invasive pediatric cancers is up 29% in the past 20 years.
- Each year around 13,500 children are diagnosed with cancer in the US, that’s more than a classroom of kids a day.
- 35,000 children are currently in treatment for cancer.
- Some 25% of all kids who are diagnosed with cancer will die.
- More children die of cancer every year than adults died in 9/11.
- Cancer kills more children than AIDs, asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis and congenital anomalies combined.
- The average age of death for a child with cancer is 8, causing a child to lose 69 years of expected life.
- The death of a child is one of the most traumatic events a family might face.
- Families who have lost children are often financially and emotionally depleted.
Facts about Pediatric Cancer Survivors
- 74% of childhood cancer survivors have chronic illnesses, and some 40% of childhood cancer survivors have severe illnesses or die from such illnesses.
- Childhood cancer survivors are at significant risk for secondary cancers later in life, Colorado Health Screening.com can assist by setting your family up with a plan that will monitor you and your children as needed.
- Radiation to a child’s brain can significantly damage cognitive function, or if radiation is given at a very young age, limiting the ability to read, do basic math, tell time or even talk. For this reason Colorado Health Screening uses ultra sound to scan children eliminating radiation and the side effects from it.
- Physical and neurocognitive disabilities resulting from treatment may prevent childhood cancer survivors from fully participating in school, social activities and eventually work, which can cause depression and feelings of isolation.
- Childhood cancer survivors have difficulty getting married and obtaining jobs, health and life insurance. Colorado Health screening.com with our low cost screening now you will be able to monitor your children as needed.
- In the event you feel a screening is necessary for your child and you are not able to afford one, please call our office so we can assist in getting your child screened. Children are a priority to us!
- call now!